THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE…
What is ‘health’?
The WHO defines health as “a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-
being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.
This is exactly what makes me so passionate about being a Nutritionist, Certified
Holistic Lifestyle Coach and Functional Medicine Health Coach – I work with my clients
to address the key foundational aspects that comprise health including:
Diet and nutrition
Relationships and social connections
The best news is that many of there are so many things you can do, right now, to
improve your health and they won’t cost you a thing!
TOP 10 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH WITHOUT
SPENDING A PENNY.
1. Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning before you drink or eat
anything else to boost your energy and restore fluids lost while sleeping.
2. Stand up every hour and move. Studies have shown that sitting or lying down
for too long is not only bad for your physical well-being, but your mental health
3. Cut out sugar. It’s one of the top culprits behind the health crisis we are
experiencing today. Did you know that consuming 75 grams of sugar (e.g., one
fast food restaurant’s Oreo shake, or two glasses of apple juice) will weaken
your immune system for 5 hours afterwards.
4. Get outside for 10 minutes every morning – bonus points for watching the sun
rise. This will boost vitamin D production and will support your natural circadian
rhythm which will help you sleep better at night.
5. Talking about sleeping better, avoid bright lights and screens at least an hour
before bed. Blue light stimulates our brain tricking it to think it is mid-day.
6. Breathe – taking a deep breath that fills your belly will lower your heart rate,
regulate your blood pressure, lower your cortisol levels and help you relax.
7. Chew your food until it is liquid – the more you chew your food the better you
will digest it. You’ll also be less inclined to overeat. Make it a game and count
and compare your chews as a family activity at meal time.
8. Take cold showers. Polar plunges and ice baths have re-gained popularity for
good reason. Immersing yourself in cold water can reduce inflammation, relieve
pain, improve circulation, lower stress level. You’ll also save on your water
9. Skip a meal, or two from time to time. Fasting has innumerable health benefits.
Read more about them here.
10. Laugh! Laughing is a natural pain killer, stress reducer and can boost your
immune system for 24 hours.